Driving Issues to Ponder
Driving Issues to Ponder
- When I am the second car on a side street preparing to turn onto a main road, why does the vehicle in front of me need a “one mile” clearance both ways before proceeding? Also, when I am in a similar position preparing to turn right and the first vehicle intends to turn left (especially on a one-way street), why does the driver hug the right side, thus preventing me from traveling?
- Why are all drivers first in line at a red light not always prepared to proceed instantly when the signal changes so that several cars further back will be able to pass through during that rotation?
- Why do some drivers activate their directional signals only at the exact second they turn?
- What action have you considered while driving and being confronted by pedestrians who jaywalk or somehow impede you and ever so slowly move away as they flash certain digital signs and yell at you?
- Have you had an accident or narrowly avoided one at a four- way stop sign because someone had to “beat” you through the intersection even though it was not his turn to proceed?
- What action, if any, would you take if you were the second vehicle desiring to turn right at a red light but the operator of the first car (also intending to turn right) was oblivious to turning “right on red” and remained stationary with no cars approaching?
- While driving, have you ever encountered several bicyclists or runners who apparently choose to converse and are two or three abreast in the road, or perhaps there are sidewalks but the pedestrians select the same course of action, thus blocking traffic?
- How do you act when someone is tailgating you or are you a tailgater?
- Have you ever encountered anyone in a lot who parked directly over the line and occupied two parking spaces?
- Have you ever driven ahead in order to back into a parking space and someone then drove forward into that spot?
- Have you ever noticed anyone illegally parked in a handicapped area? What action, if any, should you take if this occurred?
- Why do some people blatantly leave shopping carts in an available parking place?
- Is it proper to drive through a red light very late at night or anytime when clearly no other vehicle is visible?
- Have you ever driven into a massive construction delay because the authorities did not alert you early enough to take an alternative route?
- What is your record for the amount of time that you have been stuck on a double yellow-lined road behind a school bus or other slow-moving vehicle whose driver will not momentarily pull over?
- What is the most MPH by which you have exceeded the speed limit?
- What true story could you tell about the closest you have ever come to being involved in a major accident?
- How frustrating is it to encounter someone on a highway driving slowly in the left-hand lane?